Running Strong Since 1980
I hope everyone enjoyed the Richmond Marathon weekend! Wow – 20,000+ runners – what a difference good coordination, sponsors and publicity makes! Some great running by TCRR members and friends.
There are several upcoming TCRR events:
1. The TCRR Club Championship and General Membership meeting on December 7th at Richard Bland College. This is not only a great race, but the occasion to elect new board members to lead us into 2014. Come out and volunteer for the board, or at least to cast your vote for new members. 2014 holds great promise!
2. The Petersburg YMCA 5K on December 14th – this is our last Grand Prix event for the year and provides an excellent opportunity to run through Olde Towne Petersburg!
3. The New Year’s Day Bash on January 1st – Happy New Year! Time and directions on the location at Ft Lee will be published on our website – activities include a “predict your time” 5K and 10K!
4. 2014 will be a year of change for the club – some new events we are working – an expanded relationship with Richard Bland College and their running program – plus exciting news about 3 races that will be held at the Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie – the first one will be April 19th – an evening race. The other two dates have not been selected yet, but expect these 5Ks to become very popular.
5. After many years Sharon and I will be retiring from active race management with the club. It is time for us to enjoy our retirement from the workday world and to appreciate a schedule that is our own for awhile. We will remain closely aligned with the club and I will continue to coordinate some of our events, but the race management details will fall to the board members and other volunteers as of January 1st. This is a great opportunity for TCRR to expand and follow a path that will more closely align us with other running clubs and activities.
Enjoy the holidays and we will see you at the races! Visit tricitiesroadrunners.org for race flyers and announcements – we are also on Facebook.